Technical Business Analyst / IT Business Analyst / IT BA / Digital Business Analyst /
Wells Tobias Projects are looking for an experienced Technical Business Analyst with Financial Services Technology and operational work-flow experience. (i.e. buy side, Custody, Investment Management, Retail Investment products) to join this exciting growth business.
The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of the operational work-flows from within a B2C / Customer led Financial Investment business previously and will come with a strong technical skill-set to be able to bridge the gap between the business needs and the development/Technology teams.
This organisation is an exciting and refreshing Investment business that is building it's Technical Infrastructure for business growth. They are growing fast and as such are focused on delivering strong process efficiency and simplification across their systems and architecture.
This position will have a high degree of autonomy and so experience of ecommerce / web centric business within financial services and Agile working environments will be required. Due to the fast growth nature of this business there is plenty of scope for this role to develop in terms of workload and level while also providing some input to the future state innovation and services (website, API's etc) or the organisation.
Technical skills will be mainly SQL, Excel and office applications, plus Web and mobile applications with an appreciation of how technical workflows operate within a regulated environment.
The Technical Business Analyst, (TBA), will be responsible for owning and gathering the requirements for technical projects for the Company web platforms. They will also be responsible for recommending best practices for solutions based on business needs. This role will require strategic design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical requirements as User Stories within an Agile development process.
- Works effectively and individually with Technical and Non-Technical team members.
- To liaise with project managers to ensure assigned projects are appropriately planned and monitored from a schedule, risk, issue, dependency, supplier and benefits realisation perspective.
- To ensure the projects and working practices comply with internal Change governance procedures and controls.
- To actively contribute to the BA practice (and other practices) to ensure Internal Project Standards / Change Governance Procedures / Controls and Change team objectives/skills are 'fit for purpose' and be prepared to review and revise as needed.
- Attending Sprint Planning, prioritisation and daily-stand-up meetings to discuss and set project progress and priorities.
- Reside on project working groups and provide input as required.
- Formally document workshop meeting notes, actions and any resulting business requirements to ensure accurate solution delivery with a full decision audit history.
- Analysing data using the SQL tool-set.
- Present logic using diagramming techniques (e.g. data flows and flow charts) and USE cases.
- Liaise and manage suppliers as directed by the needs of the project.
- Liaise with internal and external audit functions as directed by audit Terms of Reference.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent understanding of Agile/Scrum processes and creation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse performance data and recommend service improvement.
- Ability to work in a digital product area applying best practice.
- Strong IT literacy skills and working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Solid knowledge of relevant technology concepts (e.g. mainframe, client-server, relational databases, and web-based architectures).
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.