Business Development Manager
Financial Research Sales
A premier facilitator of beneficial relationships between Professional Investors and Independent Research Providers, seeks a Business Development Manager for the International Sales Team located in London.
The ideal candidate has experience selling investment research or data products to financial institutions in the U.K. and Europe including: mutual funds, hedge funds, wealth management firms, endowments/foundations, pension funds, etc. It will be absolutely necessary to have a passion for the markets and selling and negotiating. An entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to exceed targets are crucial to achieving success in this role. The successful candidate will work on new sales initiatives and report to the Managing Director
To develop and maintain new sales initiatives in Europe to expand presence in the region
- Develop knowledge and a thorough understanding of the firm's product offering and the value proposition to clients and prospects to reach established sales goals.
- Present, in a compelling manner, the firm's product offering in person or via electronic presentations to demonstrate how the business can add value to clients or prospects.
- Source prospective clients with cold calling, networking and list management activities to build a continuous pipeline of prospects.
- Follow and execute a structured sales process, maintaining rigorous standards and contact records.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships through the sales process so as to attain efficient prospect to client conversion rates.
- Meets with external clients and prospects to provide value proposition
- Interfaces internally with the Managing Director to execute strategic plans, prepares monthly analytics and other reports as needed.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the Sales Team to grow and maintain our client base.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Experience in selling investment, research or data products.
- Sound technical knowledge of financial markets across asset classes.
- Strong communicator, both oral and written.
- Ability to convey important messages to clients and develop rapport
- Competitive, self-starter with excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluency in French and/or German an advantage.
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.