Lawyer with 1-3PQE who is looking for an in-house opportunity in the rapidly growing Renewable Energy sector. This company is a growing private equity business specialising in the Renewable Energy and Property sectors, and they are seeking a lawyer to join their team for at least the next six months.
Candidates will be qualified lawyer, perhaps with 1-3 PQE and we are looking for someone with predominantly contract law experience - perhaps construction, for example - or across energy, procurement, etc - but you must be a commercial contracts specialist.
As a guide, day to day you will be:
- Going through a tender process on solar site remediation works contracts and thereafter drafting and completing the ultimate remediation contracts to be signed with the relevant contractors;
- Drafting and completing various O&M (operation and maintenance) contracts;
- Putting together usable templates for the above;
- Liaising with local authorities by phone and email to obtain confirmations required by Ofgem
- Obtaining retrospective build-over consents from statutory bodies
- Finalising leases, PPAs (power purchase agreements) and other project agreements;
- Contracting the settlement of various litigious negotiations (up to c.£5m in value);
- Dealing with retention releases and any claims arising out of previously completed SPAs (sale and purchase agreements or share purchase agreements);
- Putting together a database of legal due diligence arising out of all the tasks ready for sale of the assets in the future
This is an urgent requirement, so if you have excellent communication skills, top-notch contracts experience, and are immediately available (or at least available very soon) please send me your details and let's talk!
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.