Fleet Operations / Operations Improvement / Process improvement / Customer / Innovation / Data / Systems
Wells Tobias Projects is looking for an exceptional Fleet Operations & Improvement specialist to create the 'new world' optimised operational workflow process of this 'owned fleet' business function.
This role will be leading the optimisation of an extremely important division of this leading UK business through a period of Operational, systems and process improvement to their historical 'Fleet Vehicle' operations function.
This is an integral role, helping to shape the future of fleet operations from the current state to an optimised process that will utilise innovative data selection and technology enablement to the current workflow process and deliver the improvements that will create a world class function that is both profitable and efficient.
As the head of a small team you will be integral to the day to day running of this operational process as well as deliver the improvements needed. This is an 'owned fleet' so very different to managing 'company car' fleet structures. The operations process must cover the full lifecycle of the fleet so will need to incorporate processes for acquiring Fleet vehicles prior to handing to procurement (for the contractual negotiation/process), through to the selling of fleet vehicles either direct to the customer through an existing App. or via interested external parties (B2C or B2B).
The client would consider someone from a Fleet background with the relevant skills or someone who has driven operational process improvement within a similar function before.
This role will report into a head of function who will help with the strategy and future vision.
You will then have the opportunity to create an innovative, creative and efficient process to drive future success.
- Create a data led, fast paced, entrepreneurial process and culture for our fleet operations
- Optimise utilisation, down time and deliver maximum profit on re-sale of fleet
- Deliver world class service for our customers when they have a related vehicle challenge
- Manage daily operations for commercial contracts
- Work with Group to collaborate on wider relationships (Car Manufacturers, Fleet, Business Services)
- Support Group Procurement with tender process, including identification and implementation of strategic relationships, e.g. for electric vehicles.
- Work with Finance to develop robust models for creating a profitable fleet. Supporting the reconciliation and validation processes for invoice authorisation ensuring payments are made within agreed payment terms.
- Work with the Insurance team and instructors to optimise the self-funded car insurance for maximum commercial value.
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.