This client, a green energy provider that is revolutionising the energy industry, is experiencing a period of rapid but organic growth. They are looking for a Legal Counsel, Development to join their team in Madrid to play an important part in the development of that growth.
You'll be a key member of their European team with an important role in the acceleration of their growth. You'll be providing project level legal support for their operations in Spain to deliver organisational greenfield development goals, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of development related commercial contracts.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge and expertise in a wide range of technical and development related contracting subject matter areas, including permitting, real estate, financing, power purchase agreements, construction and operation, with a focus on the Spanish market and with particular knowledge of solar or renewable power generating facilities
- Demonstrable experience in contract review and drafting legal contracts
- An ability to handle a large volume of projects across differing subject matters
- Ability to manage numerous challenging work assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in Spanish and English (Italian or German skills would also be a plus)
Day to day you'll be:
- Working with other members of the Legal & Compliance team to support project development transactions, including assisting, together with outside counsel, in negotiating, drafting, and reviewing, permits, leases, land acquisition documents, (joint) development agreements, share and/or asset acquisition agreements, financing, construction and operation related contracts, reviewing due diligence materials, and assisting with coordination of other legal and compliance processes within Spain
- Assisting in the preparation and review of commercial agreements relating to the purchase, sale, and supply of power, electric interconnection and other energy-related transactions
- Ensuring compliance with global legal, contractual, and risk management policies
- Be a contributing member to the legal team on day-to-day tasks
Successful candidates must be qualified with 4+ years' experience practicing as a transactional / corporate lawyer. If you have specific experience of handling energy related transactional work, then that would be a real bonus.
This is a brilliant time to join this organisation that is experiencing a lot of success. So, for a fantastic new role in 2019, please send me your details.
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.