A major Media and Entertainment company requires the help of an Interim Media Production Lawyer for a 3 month contract whilst they seek a permament hire. Experience work working with UK TV & Media companies production is essential
The duties are detailed below:
- Acting as the day to day point of contact for Wall to Wall, responsible for allocation of Wall to Wall workload and responsible for supervising one Legal and Business Affairs Executive.
- To support the other production companies within the WBTVPUK group as and when required.
- Working with the Group Head of Legal & Business Affairs to (i) identify, formulate and implement systems to deliver a "best in class" service (ii) ensure the contracts entered into represent the best possible business affairs and legal outcomes.
- Providing legal and business affairs services to production teams including:
- Drafting and advising on agreements for the development of programming, including format agreements
- Drafting and advising on agreements for the production of programming, including contributor agreements, presenter agreements, access agreements and location agreements and drafting and advising on production and co-production agreements
- Advising productions on rights issues, clearance issues, and compliance and libel matters, including advising on compliance with the OFCOM Broadcasting Code and broadcaster policies
- Negotiating distribution agreements for the exploitation of ancillary rights
- Advising on broadcaster's terms of trade and availability of rights
- Negotiating and advising on production financing arrangements
- Assisting in the preparation of guidance notes to productions in relation to key areas, such as child licensing, data protection and editorial compliance
- Advising on copyright and trademark matters
- Viewing programmes for legal and regulatory compliance
- Handling complaints and legal disputes
- Conducting production 'set up' meetings to advise teams on legal and compliance issues that may be relevant during production and to communicate company policies
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.