Office Based Personal Support Worker Needed
£25,000 to £32,000
A Personal Support Worker is required to work alongside an individual who has Cerebral Palsy, This condition presents them with restricted mobility in their arms and legs, and they use a wheelchair.
The post holder will support this individual in the work place, and as such the duties could be very varied, from opening doors where they are not power assisted to taking notes at meetings.
The list below is not exhaustive, but gives an indication of typical duties
- Creating bundles of documents and files
- Filing hard copy documents
- Locating hard copy documents
- Note taking in meetings
- Creating/assisting with documents (where software is unable to assist)
- Assisting with carrying files/books to meetings
- Delivering documents to print room for copying
- Travel and other support when attending external meetings, events or training
- Assisting with opening non automatic doors
- Assisting with heating lunch in the staff canteen, assisting with getting drinks and unpacking lunch
- Assisting with coat/jacket etc.
The ideal candidate will therefore need to have experience of working as a Personal Support Worker, for a person with a disability Alongside this you will need to have experience of working in an office, have strong IT skills to include Word, Outlook and PowerPoint , as well as fast accurate keyboard/typing skills.
This individual is a lawyer so if the Personal Support Worker has an interest in law, then all the better!
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.