Project Accountant, Systems Accountant, Finance Change, SAP implementation, French Speaker, French GAAP, International Accounting experience.
Wells Tobias Projects are looking to hire a Fluent french speaker and French technical accountant (French GAAP) to support this SAP Implementation programme. Day rate. 6 months initially
To act as consultant, advisor and work alongside the financial control and Global Finance Transformation teams in process re-engineering a number of key activities relating to US GAAP and French GAAP in relation to a new SAP based system implementation.
The role encompasses a wide range of activities to ensure that both US and local statutory compliance obligations are met in an efficient and timely manner, and the development of tools and processes for the monthly calculation and posting of differences between US and local GAAP.
- Key contributor into the design of the local GAAP ledgers for a new SAP roll-out in Europe
- Identifying French GAAP rules and how they differ from US GAAP
- Working with the System development team to drive correct system set ups for accounting
- Working with the financial control team to identify processes and procedures which foster US and French GAAP compliance, ensuring such compliance is achieved within a 4-day month-end close window
- Work alongside the French GAAP Controller to ensure existing processes and procedures are updated and amended to reflect the new system solution
- Liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, both internally and externally, regarding French statutory accounting and compliance matters
- Responsible for identifying, documenting, managing and accounting for French GAAP and US GAAP differences and developing / maintaining control process for compliant and timely monthly accounting within the new system
- Responsible for identifying processes and requirements for all local statutory requirements for France including the statutory financial statements, other sundry tax returns and assisting with data requirements for corporation tax.
- Responsible for the documenting and implementation of associated processes and procedures.
- Implementing a robust process to capture and operationalise both US GAAP and French GAAP differences
Explaining and documenting technical GAAP differences to non-local GAAP accountants and system developers
- Strong French GAAP and French Technical accounting skills (fully conversant in Plan Comptable and all local French statutory requirements)
- Fluent French speaker
- Strong technical accountant - preferred qualified ACA, CIMA or equivalent
- Good project experience
- Commercially astute
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SAP literate
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.