Our client is the government agency responsible for investing in Olympic and Paralympic sport in the United Kingdom. It is an executive non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport.
To support the press office function throughout the busy Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games period.
Handling incoming media enquiries, preparing responses and the ability and confidence to brief spokespeople as required
- Supporting on specific projects as required and support/plan the delivery of proactive media campaigns and announcements with an ability to generate content and create positive news stories
- Work closely with comms colleagues at The National Lottery to promote the role of Lottery players in supporting Olympic and Paralympic sport
- Support the wider media team in maintaining strong relationships with key journalists
- Work closely with digital communications and internal communications colleagues to ensure that news and announcements are reflected appropriately across our digital channels (website and social media platforms).
- Support the delivery of press events including logistics and media engagement and spokesperson preparation
- Prepare high quality press releases, media responses, Q&A's, briefings and other written communications materials as required
- Take responsibility for media monitoring, scanning the daily news agenda to identify proactive opportunities and potential issues, delivering the daily headlines and preparing coverage reports and general media admin.
- Able to monitor the news agenda, spot emerging issues or concerns relevant , and escalate appropriately.
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions' policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.